Monday, March 15, 2010

Blogging..events

Monday April 5th is the closing show for the Buell Theater exhibit. Check it out. I am going to the closing as I missed the opening. The show was extended by demand??

Today I heard something about taking a chance in life, you have to if you want to get some where.
Ann Weiss was referring to finding her pictures in Auschwitz those photos of the lives rather than deaths of the victims. Anyway I've been thinking a lot about risk lately, the risk one takes in art to make something meaningful, if only to the artist, without such risk the world would be the dullest place; all great artists took risks; many remain completely unknown after long- lives of making art- - digging into themselves and pouring it out. Ok there is risk for risks sake and there is courage and trust that world will safely place you back on earth. I read some family notes; I guess my grandfather's side of the family lost six in Auschwitz. So much perspective in such a short time.
Don't forget to make each day memorable in some small way.
going to paint some blues..

No comments:

Post a Comment