Monday, June 13, 2011

going on a journey

Wed. 5. a.m. I go to Rome. I never thought I'd be taking this trip for all kinds of reasons. But I am going to embrace the concept of a couple of weeks at sea and Israel, Turkey, Italy, Greece... who could resist. I dream of returning inspired and mind full, leaving pains in the wake. The pattern complexity of simultaneous events, everything happening right now all over this planet at the exact same time is just overwhelming me at the moment.
Back on that other train of thought.... (remind me to paint trains of thoughts later)-- it looks like a mode of transport series. Train wrecks..the possibilities of mining this idea seem grand.
I'll post some pics.
Lately, I've been thinking about spinning my wheels and have started a series of paintings with those words and bikes.... mostly abstract, for a special show I am planning a year or so from now in Durango. Mark your calenders.
Those images will take some time to paint--so no pics for awhile, unless of course I get distracted from this theme by another. Time time time is not on my side, or oh look what's become of me... got to pack. It is not easy being ADD, or ADOS as I heard someone say, I have attention deficit oh shiny. Right now there is thunder, rain and a sunset---outside my 10th floor Denver window. Can you see this?

No comments:

Post a Comment