Monday, May 28, 2012

Almost June

My excitement for the summer season is palpable... and I begin to BLOG.  One more day of school, followed by an evening in my favorite vegas hotel...Bellagio: if i were to give travel advice and I might, old women should share the wisdom, I'd write about the Bellaggio.  Anyway as tacky as Vegas is there is always the most amazing thrills at the Bellagio, some world class art show in the gallery, don't know what is there now, but have seen Picasso's ceramics fill the space, the best impressionists and contemporary masterpieces always hanging, the best that money can buy.  Who is that Wynn guy?  I might study him.  Chihuly which I am certain to mispell is the most amazing glass artist on the planet and the place is just full of them, hanging from all those chandaleers and growing in gardens all over the grounds--- and the pool-- if you ever just want to empty your brain it is a lovely hedonistic spot.   But SUMMER also brings the real the thing, the actual reason de etre. .  I am going to Durango to await the arrival of Isadora's baby brother, probably Emmet; but only because my father was frightened of using Monte.    I wish it could be a little Monte; he should wander the earth forever awed.

Been painting elephants lately, forget me, forget me not, forget me.... more pics posting soon.  I keep thinking about the life-span of relationships and life spans in general...There has been so much loss this year, so many lives just cut short - having never really fulfilled their promises. tThe hyacynths never had a chance to bloom-- was it just too much beauty for the world...no reason, no sane reason, more and more one finds oneself in the position of just accepting completely crazy history just to survive.  Just to survive one must suspend all belief in what makes sense and just hang on tight.
Make art, it helps.  I get really jazzed about the art of summer.  The images that i get to absorb.  Going to Frida Kahlo's house in Mexico City, then Cuba.  I'll take notes, not much internet there.  But not before Emmet enters the world.  Won't be long

2 comments: